How to Make a Bed Look Luxurious?
The greatest pleasure you can feel when you decide to take a break is a bed that provokes, for this it is necessary that this meets certain conditions, and is that a bed untidy, untidy, in poor condition, and even with lack of hygiene, does not attract when you want to rest, and additionally speaks very badly of the habits of the person who sleeps in it.
But, how to make a bed look luxurious?
It is said that the places in a house that should look the best are the kitchen, bathrooms, and bedrooms. It seems that they are the most intimate places, and as such, should provide comfort, satisfaction, and feelings of well-being and pleasure to those who use them daily.
A bed should be cozy and produce pleasant sensations when lying down. Feeling soft and clean sheets is something that invites you to rest. It is not challenging to have a bed that can be compared to a luxurious suite of a high-class hotel. How to achieve it?
How to make a bed look luxurious?
The first thing to think about is to turn the place where you rest into a unique place, in a beautiful environment that provides the opportunity to live the best moments of the day. Let’s see how to make the room a place you will not want to leave.
One of the most indispensable parts for a bed that may seem luxurious is precisely the mattress. According to experts, this rest has efficient, useful lives that do not exceed the decade. The mattress must have excellent and efficient conditions to put together a nice, beneficial, healthy, and luxurious place.
If you want the room to be similar to a luxurious hotel, the mattress must be of quality and provide enough support for a great rest, and it must provide firmness, softness, and good hygiene.
It should not be too hard or too soft, but it should be firm enough to adapt to the body, with good padding and a cushioning that produces pleasure in the rest. The manufacturing materials should provide efficient transpiration. For this, it should have ventilation systems that allow it to give freshness and maintain its durability.
Other fundamental aspects must have an ideal mattress to make your bed look luxurious, such as size, which should have a length of about 15 to 20 cm more than the size of who will sleep on it, and the minimum width of 90 cm if it is for one person. At least 150 cm if it is for two people, the person’s weight is another factor to consider. Usually, most mattresses are designed to support weights up to 90 kilos. For heavier weights, mattresses must better support and more reinforced padding.
The other aspect and the most fundamental in a mattress is represented by the surfaces that allow contact with the person’s body. There is a wide range and provides excellent performance and comfort, among others the hypoallergenic feature and softness in their textures.
There are several types of mattresses:
- Sprung, there are independent, continuous and pocketed, its classification depends on the way the springs that form its structure are arranged, each one has its benefits and the prices vary according to the quality, being the most expensive the pocketed ones.
- Polyurethane foam, are constructed in layers of polyester and polyurethane, and contain cells or air bubbles, covered by a cover, are very easy to handle and excellent heat insulators.
- Made of viscoelastic foam, its special foam molds perfectly to the body.
- Latex, this type is manufactured in natural and synthetic latex, with perforations that provide a perfect ventilation that generates an ideal heat insulation, create zones for different resistances, have good firmness and comfort.
When you think about how to make a bed look luxurious, it does not mean that you should buy an ostentatious bed, there are ways to make it look luxurious just by paying attention to certain details.
The position of the bed in the bedroom, this factor is of great importance and is not only for appearance, but also for comfort, aesthetics, for protection when sleeping, according to the discipline of Feng Shui, the position of the bed influences the vital energy of the space and the elements, and can affect or promote rest.
- The bed should never intercept a door.
- It should not be placed in front of long corridors.
- It should not be close to large windows.
- The distribution of the other elements of the room should be made around the bed -The position of the bed should not be in front of a door.
- The position of the bed should not be in front of the door, in prestigious hotels you will never find a bed in front of the door.
- The door should never be behind the headboard of the bed.
- It should not be in the middle of the bedroom space.
- Placing objects on the headboard reflects bad taste and does not provide aesthetics.
These tips reflect the good taste of the person who sleeps in the room and avoiding them contributes to the elegance of the bedroom, although there are wonderful models of beds, Louis XV, Oysters, and a great variety, no matter how simple our bed is, there is always the possibility of making it look better, with taste, originality and a good sense of decoration can turn it into an article that looks like luxury.
Adopt a bed to make it look new and luxurious can be as simple as changing the top or headboard, choose an attractive design and according to the decor of the room, you can get the basis of a luxurious room ready, now to dress it.
How to make a bed look luxurious with the pillowcase of your choice?
When you visit Luxury Hotels you will notice that the linen is the main protagonist in the luxury that the rooms offer, choosing the sheets with the right pillowcase sets is vital to show luxury in a room, what type of fabric to choose in this linen to impress?
The best sheets are undoubtedly cotton and linen, these fabrics have a higher thread count, which means higher quality, they are soft, comfortable, durable, and provide an exceptional appearance, these two materials provide apart from the beauty, among other advantages, offer breathability and regulate temperature, keeping cool in summer and warm in winter.
With the sheets and pillowcases, you should know how to select the type of sheet according to the way the room has been decorated, to maintain an attractive aesthetic, you should acquire the sets that combine with all the elements of the room, if you are guided by the preferences of major hotels, you will select white sheets, this custom has its reasons, the first thing is that white combines with everything, and is also synonymous with well-being and cleanliness.
In this way, a pillowcase will be white if the chosen set of sheets is white, with these fabrics that we have mentioned, a great feeling of freshness, peace, relaxation, comfort, and cleanliness is guaranteed to provide brightness and elegance to the bed.
There is a wide range of wonderful designs and colors in covers and sheets to give a touch of luxury to the bed, but among other things, to make them look elegant they must be ironed, which inspires the view of a set of sheets and covers well ironed, is pleasing to the eye, if the bed is dressed with sheets and covers without ironing it will denote disorder and carelessness and no matter how beautiful design and color they have, it will make them look dull.
What pillows and comforter for your luxury bedroom?
To find the right pillow it is not enough for it to be soft, it must be sturdy and hold its shape, so that it both serves as a decorative element on the bed and adds a dose of luxury to the bed.
The hollow fiber ones are a good option, they are firm and soft and with a ventilation system, another ideal option is the viscoelastic ones, these react to the temperature of the body, and adapt to the shape of the neck and head, help the blood circulation, and best of all they do not deform.
The comforter is another of the pieces that provide great luxury to a bed, not only provide comfort but also bring elegance.
Fortunately, there are spectacular designs and models, select the one that enhances the atmosphere of your room, look to match the sheets to achieve the perfect combination, the comforter should be chosen to take into account the filling material, this can be natural or synthetic, microfiber is a good choice and should have at least two sets so that you alternate them according to the ambient temperatures, as there are warm and cooler, for this takes into account the grammage.
The stitching of the comforter is also key, this prevents heat dissipation, the comforter type has a natural filling, and stitching in squares parceled evenly distribute the heat, in synthetic comforters, the ideal stitching is the capitonné, to improve thermal insulation.
The size of the comforter should be between 30 and 50 cm on each side of the bed, and of course the design and color should be the finishing touch to make your room look like a star.
What else do I need to make the bed look luxurious?
One of the things that give more value to the luxury aspect of a bed is that it looks good, that the details are well noticed and for this, a dark room would be fatal, proper lighting of the room provides a plus for a bed to exhibit luxury in its splendor, this is achieved with good light bulbs, well-placed and contribute to the decor, a hanging lamp provides a touch of luxury to any room, the bed should have a location so that the natural light entering through the windows expose the glamorous luxury of your bed.
Nightstands with attractive lamps also add luxury to the bed, as does a flowered or oyster topper, this element of a bed makes it show off if it blends with the surroundings in style and color.
The carpets are a complement that also brings luxury and highlights the bed, they are very versatile complements that provide benefits both in comfort and decoration.
The textures of the carpets, colors and shapes are well-selected apart from providing warmth, absorbs noise, are thermally insulated, and are a great decorative element, provide a pleasant feeling when you get up without touching the floor directly, avoiding the cold of this when we get up.
A rug, in perfect contrast, can be an instrument that projects the luxurious characteristics of an attractive bed, serving as the perfect backdrop for a cache scene.
Another way of how to make a bed look luxurious, is in the technique to make the bed
Making a bed that inspires and causes attraction and sensations of relaxation, such as those experienced when one slips between the sheets of a comfortable bed in a five-star hotel have certain tricks, learning how to achieve these brilliant arrangements as a professional does not present major difficulties, let’s start by knowing that everything starts successfully if a sequence of steps is established to do a perfect job:
- The first thing is the airing of the mattress, mattresses need to be given air, turning it over, apart from letting it ventilate, helps it not to deform.
- If you look closely, hotels change the sheets daily, this habit will keep the bed clean, hygienic, and with a freshness that invites you to enjoy it, the state of the sheets is of great importance for the presence that you intend to give to the bed, get rid of the sheets that have lost color, or have been torn, the sheets of daily use should look impeccable, keep them in a closet clean, well ironed, and sorted by sets, with their linings, tops and covers, so that the task of dressing the bed does not become tedious.
- If a bed is dressed in several layers and with several pillows it gives it a phenomenal luxury charm, this gives them an attractive look, makes them look soft and comfortable,
- Use a base sheet to cover the mattress, commonly known as a cover, it should be well stretched without folds, hotels do not use these components of sheets that have rubber bands on the corners, these are sheets with enough size to allow the folding of the excess, and give the necessary tension so that it looks smooth on the mattress.
- The second layer, the so-called countertops, should be placed upside down, so that when folded over the blanket the design of the sheet is exposed, to achieve this, leave about 50 centimeters at the top, towards the head of the bed.
- The third layer will be a quilted blanket with a lot of volume, or a Duvet, the size should be similar to that of the fitted sheet.
- Continue the layering with the comforter, and a floor-length baseboard, and an eye-catching and elegant decorative blanket.
- Each of these layers is folded toward the middle of the bed, and then toward the headboard, the look that is created provides lovely luxury.
All layers are tucked at the corners of the bed, tension all layers to the maximum, thus avoiding wrinkles, make elegant and decorative folds, following the process shown in the figure.
The pillows should go in the space between the folds of the layers and the headboard, the support pillows go first and vertically, then the cushions are placed on top of the pillows.
Finally, if you want to compliment yourself when you ask yourself how to make a bed look luxurious keep among your habits certain behaviors when it comes to organizing your room, always remember the prominence of the bed, without forgetting any of the elements that make it stand out in the bedroom.
Make the choice of colors according to the style you have in mind and the decoration you have implemented or the one you plan to implement, without forgetting that the bed is the focal point, exploit to the maximum the headboard of the bed, remember that this element frames it, and we could say that it is co-protagonist of the scene, combine the sheets, cushions, comforters, and blankets with it, look for the achievement of a visual range that surprises so that you set a standard in the luxury of the room.
When talking about luxury, textures can not be forgotten, textiles such as sheets, comforters, blankets, covers, and curtains usually have different textures, get advice on how to combine them to make a perfect match, a combination of textures of sheets with curtains can form a duo of luxury, which will bring a lot of appearance, light, and color to the environment.
Textured Duvet Cover
The Textured duvet cover products entice you when you shop. You can select the following products that give you mind-blowing attraction. Give some time to get the right product that satiates your requirement. Let us see below the following covers. Check out these textured duvet cover! Bedsure White Textured Duvet Cover This Queen-sized cover comes…
Ralph Lauren Bedding
Looking for Ralph Lauren Bedding? Imagine coming home from hard day work, taking a bath, and just wanting to jump straight to bed. Now imagine landing into the soft, velvety, luxurious feel of the bed? No? Then let us show you an exciting new world of comfort and luxury with the list of Ralf Lauren…
Calvin Klein Duvet Covers
Are you looking for Calvin Klein Duvet Covers? Indulge in a luxurious, classy feel from this list of stunning Calvin Klein duvet covers. Here’s a shortlist from Amazon that you will surely appreciate Calvin Klein Modern Cotton STRATA Bedding, Queen Duvet, Heathered Marble Made from ultra-comfortable cotton-modal fabric, this Calvin Klein Modern Cotton series is…